Anticipation. Longing. Hope. Impatience…but the good kind.
Each year, when our tree goes up, our kids (and their parents) start to experience these things. We know something fun is coming for our family and we are hopeful, longing and a little impatient. When will we make sausage balls? When will we drive through McAdenville with a dozen Krispy Kreme donuts? When will our family arrive? When will there be presents under the tree? You can almost feel the anticipation, longing and hope growing with each passing day until the things we hope are coming arrive.
The season of Advent is about this kind of anticipation – spread over centuries. For centuries, there had been a promise of a Coming King. The Old Testament is filled with promises of this One who would come to save His people from their sins. Finally, in Jesus, these promises are fulfilled.
During the season of Advent, we will be looking at various passages from the Old Testament to see what we can learn of our King who has come and who is coming again. I hope you will join us.
- November 25 – The Coming King – Micah 5
- December 2 – The Coming King’s Name – Isaiah 9:6-7
- December 9 – The Coming King’s Rule – Isaiah 11
- December 16 – The Coming King’s Touch – Isaiah 42
- December 23 – The Coming King’s Passion – Isaiah 53
- December 30 – The Coming King’s Return – Isaiah 61