For more Exodus Northlake info, click here.
Exodus Church seeks to be a redeemed people who worship and serve God in the world.
Christ has commanded His church to His mission of making disciples. The most effective way to make disciples is through church planting. At Exodus we want to be about making disciple making disciples that plant church planting churches. Exodus Church was planted three years ago in Belmont, NC. As a part of the launch team, I knew God had called me to plant another church when the time was right. I believe it is that time, and the location for my family and I to plant a church planting church is in Charlotte, NC. We believe God has led us to a church planting model where we will remain one church in mission, vision, and values while existing in multiple congregations that are as diverse as their respective communities. You can read more about this model here.
So, why another church in Charlotte?
Charlotte was the fastest growing city in the country from 2000–2010, growing by 64.6 % to a current population of 1,249,449. Charlotte is now the 17th (well… somewhere between the 17th and 20th) largest city in the US. In addition to these statistics the answer is three-fold:
- The average church in America is around 80–90 people and the majority of those are plateaued or declining. More gospel-centered church planting churches are needed to reach the people of Charlotte in this rapid growth period.
- The most biblically effective way to make disciples is through planting more gospel-centered churches here and to the ends of the earth.
- Ultimately, I believe God has called my family and I to join Him on His mission here. We desire to partner with other like-minded churches as well as plant other churches to see the Kingdom of God advanced in this city and around the world.
Where in Charlotte will you be located?
We will specifically be targeting the Northlake area of Charlotte where two major highways intersect on the north side of the city. Approximately 90% of people in Charlotte commute between 10–35 minutes to and from work. This is a strategic intersection because it is an easily accessible area for many in this commuting city.
How can you be involved?
We covet your prayers with us and for us. We are seeking at least 250 prayer partners that are committed to pray for us the first 24 months of the church plant. Please sign up here to be one of our prayer partners.
God created us for grandeur. Jesus is the hero. Not only does He rescue us from sin and brokenness but then He graciously invites us to join Him on His mission of reconciling all things to Himself (Col. 1:15–23). God has a role for each of us to play in His grand story. At Exodus, we seek to play our part in His story well. He may call some of you to be a part of what He is doing through Exodus Northlake. If you are sensing this call and would like to talk further about it, please contact David here.
We are looking for individuals, families, and churches to partner with us as monthly donors for the first two years of the church plant. If you would like to make a tax-deductible gift to help see the kingdom of God advanced through Exodus Northlake, here are three ways to give:
- Register online to give through eGive. Please designate your gifts to Exodus Northlake.
- Mail checks to PO Box 126, Belmont, NC 28210. Please make checks payable to Exodus Church and please put Exodus Northlake in the memo line.
Communication—Get and give information:
If you have questions about Exodus Northlake or how to be a partner with us in this Kingdom advancing mission, please contact David Keen.