Exodus Church recently celebrated our 10th anniversary. That day marked the first day that we had official covenant members, but the ministry of Exodus Church began long before that day.
On September 1, 2019, we passed another important milestone. Our Lead Pastor, Brian Lowe, began officially working for the future church plant called “Exodus Church” in September 2008. For the first year, he was putting together guiding documents, vision statements, and commentary, and began putting together a core team.
We want to celebrate and honor Pastor Brian and his family for all the many ways in which they have brought about God’s Kingdom on earth through their faithfulness. Exodus Church would not exist outside of God’s grace and specifically through the grace that he has shown through Brian’s life.
In honor of his 11 years, let’s walk through 11 things that we are going to acknowledge and honor Christ’s work in Brian’s life. As we did during our 10th anniversary service this past Sunday, praise God for his work and declare together—We Give God Glory!
- Brian, God had a plan to redeem you before the foundation of the earth. Even before you were born, he saw your unformed substance and knit you together perfectly for the tasks and for the good purposes he had prepared for you. We give God praise! We give God glory!
- Brian, we praise God for your story—every part of it—the family you grew up in, the broken and the beautiful relationships, the ways your mom pushed you to work hard, the ways that God chose you, and that he called you as His own. We give God praise! We give God glory!
- Brian, we praise God for his salvation in your life, that he turned your heart from its own natural pursuits and toward him. Every interest you had in knowing God and loving him, God gave you. He was and is the author and perfector of your faith, so we praise God for your salvation. We give God praise! We give God glory!
- Brian, we praise God for all the ways in which you have needed mercy along the way, for the failures that could have left you defeated, but instead made you more merciful and gracious, for every way that the receiving of that mercy has resulted in your proclaiming God’s mercy to those who walk into our gathering every week defeated and struggling to obey. God has shown us his mercy through you. We give God praise! We give God glory!
- Brian, At the beginning of time, God spoke ordered creation from nothing. We acknowledge together the ways that God brings order to chaos and has invested that same virtue into your life and leadership. We all benefit from the security that it brings. Because we see God’s leadership in and through you, we give God praise! We give God glory.
- Brian, we praise God for the ways that he has taken who you are and made you more, over and over and over. You have not only become a trophy of God’s grace, but you see that potential in others. All of us have benefited from your coaching, your mentoring, and your discipleship. We praise God for the ways you exercise faith, especially with those around you—seeing our potential more clearly than you see our shortcomings—and for the ways you bring out the best in us. We give God praise! We give God glory!
- Brian, we praise God for the ways that you have been placed into a family, where you have loved faithfully and where you are loved so faithfully by Cheryl. We praise God for her faithful support of you and your ministry. We see the beauty of the gospel and the magnificent love of Christ in your home, and for these things, We give God praise! We give God glory!
- Brian, we praise God for the ways that your children are a heritage from the Lord, arrows that are being effectively commissioned from your home for God’s purposes and mission. Your children have risen up to both love and serve this good work of God at Exodus Church. For all the ways they honor you and honor Christ, We give God praise! We give God glory!
- Brian, we praise God for the dream of Exodus Church, a redeemed people, who are worshiping and serving God in this world. We praise God for your leadership that has resulted in these 10 years for Exodus and for all the redemptive, kingdom coming, love of God that is being poured out through this Church. We give God praise! We give God glory!
- Brian, we praise God for all the ways we have not yet seen what you will be, the anticipation and hope of what you are becoming, the good works that are prepared but that are not yet fulfilled. We have faith that the future days will resemble the past, and in that hope, We give God praise! We give God glory!
- Brian, we are so so grateful for you. The highest honor on this earth is that you have served this purpose: You have lifted our hearts towards heaven, lifted our praises towards God, and this you have done this faithfully for these 11 years of ministry at Exodus Church. We respond in praise of the one who has made you, called you, made you faithful, and blessed us richly with your leadership. For all these things, We give God praise! We give God glory!
Father God, thank you for this life, this ministry, for the ways that you have made yourself known to us through this man. God, I pray that you would increase all the work that you are accomplishing through Brian. May you be praised, may you be glorified on this day and the days yet unseen. Amen and amen.
 May God be gracious to us and bless us
and make his face to shine upon us, Selah
 that your way may be known on earth,
your saving power among all nations.
 Let the peoples praise you, O God; let all the peoples praise you! (ESV)